Saturday, February 16, 2013

Back to Basics

There is something so ineffably beautiful about the juxtaposition of black and white. It has such a clean, timeless look to it. It's the perfect canvas for designs that emphasize sleek silhouettes and clean lines. In fact, each line, angle, and the fit of the ensemble become all the more important when working with a black-white color palette, because this palette ever so gracefully gives the center stage to design aesthetics. 

What can I say, I love color...as long as it's black and white. :)

Hope your weekend is shaping up well!

PS: Threw in some red for good measure, with it being Valentine's Day and all that.

4 comments:

  1. These pics cheer up my day!!! You are too gorgeous and your choices are impeccable! love the cut of the coat and how it matches with the drape of the black dress...and the red clutch...altogether lovely!

    you should be in NYC FW soon....with the Donna Paul brand!!! You can be your own model too!


    I'm so excited -- I'll know where to buy my stuff from. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo! I'm so humbled by your words!

      Delete
  2. First of all thank you for visiting my blog and liking it and leaving your sweet comment.

    So here I am checking out your new blog. I read the story of how you started this blog. And hey you were in India a couple of years back and you know what a salwar kameez is..!! Wow because I am from India. And I think you have described your style right, you do seem to believe in classics.

    That said, I have to tell you that this coat is such a beautiful silhouette Donna. Really lady-like and perfect balance of strong and feminine.

    Following you on bloglovin. Will surely keep in touch :)

    Swati @ The Creative Bent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Swati, thanks so much for stopping by! Your description of the coat is spot on, just as your posts! I'm following you on bloglovin' too. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips