Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Winter Wonderland

We got snowed in last weekend. Well, not quite in, but definitely enough for me to be reminded of "Five Go Adventuring Again" where the Famous Five get snowed in during their stay at Kirrin Cottage and get bored and explore the old house and discover a secret passageway connecting the cottage and a neighboring farmhouse, and true to their job description, saves their crazy, er, brilliant scientist Uncle Quentin's research results from being sold to a bunch of crooks by their tutor, by using the secret passageway to get to the farmhouse where the crooks were staying. Yeah, I was reminded of all that just by some harmless snow covering our backyard - my imagination is pretty wild like that. :) Our weekend wasn't half as adventurous, but we did manage to capture some of that beautiful snowfall in action. 'Twas a magical evening.  

For those of you who have no clue what I am talking about, the Famous Five is an adventure series for children by the British author Enid Blyton. Loved her books as a child, and I can't wait to introduce her to my Katie girl!

Hope everyone's having a great week, and thank you for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Donna,Beautiful pictures...

    ~ Sini ( Lini's sister)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sini chechi! I'm glad you dropped in to say hi. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely outfit Dons..and your writing's making me wonderfully nostalgic. I've still got the Malory towers 3-in-one series I got from the book sale near my place in Adyar...let me dig into that for now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things just never lose their charm, do they? Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. Love that fur jacket. Exactly the sort of style I would die for. Could never find such a beautie in here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fur may be a bit too much for Sydney's mild winters, that's probably why you don't find it there. But trust me, mild winters are something to be thankful for!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips