Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend Inspiration

Baroque splendor or modern minimalism? Who says you have to choose? :)

Saturday evening, with that first hint of spring in the air. P and I were driving back home from a busy afternoon out, and he wanted to stop by Starbucks for a quick coffee run. He usually chooses the drive-through, but this time he wanted to take a few minutes and sit down with a cup of coffee. I was only happy to oblige, given that I love the Starbucks décor. Their coffee? Umm, not so much. I've always been a 'Nescafé-sweetened-with-mom's-love' kinda girl. So anyway, we walk in, and of course my eyes dart to the shelves they usually stack with the pretty coffee mugs and cups for sale. And what do I see? These gold-dipped beauties. Can you say love at first sip? An ode to baroque splendor and a nod to modern minimalism. Exactly how I like it. P is still amused at how a coffee mug could have me smiling in the car all the way back home! I'm so looking forward to enjoying my gold-dipped cup of coffee after work. Now if only spring would hurry up and get here, and it'd be the perfect evening. 

Starbucks still has a few of these lovelies left. Get 'em while you can, if you're interested.

Have a great week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Where do you reside currently? Which Starbucks is selling this? I am soooo in love too. I totally get it how little things could make you smile because the exact thing happens with me too !

    I LOVE these.... you are lucky to have your coffee in them :)

    Swati @ The Creative Bent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the US, as you'd have figured out by now. :) I'm not sure if the Starbucks in Delhi carries 'em. In fact, most stores here are sold out of these. I'm glad you get my exuberance! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips